Each and every winery offers something different so please have a look at just a few that we have visited:
- If you want to create your own tour, please use the key below to group together the wineries so you make the most of you time.
KEY – BS (Bathurst side), OS (Other side of bridge), CC (coffee & cake), F (food)
Logan Wines (BS, CC)
Only 1 ¼ hrs from Bathurst – a must stop.
Absolutely stunning scenery high on a hill
5-star cellar door with indoor / outdoor seating
Offers coffee & cake.
Moothie Estate (BS,F)
Great 2nd stop heading into town
Adjoins a catering company that sometimes has pop-up café food.
Robert Stein Winery, Motorcycle Museum & Pipeclay Pumphouse (OS,F)
Jess & Jason run the family owned vineyard
Spectacular views overlooking the Mudgee Valley
Offers a variety of cheese, antipasto and ploughman’s lunch platters from $22 - $35.
Vinifera Wines (OS,F)
Specialise in Spanish wines
Can do sit down talk & tastings for minimal charge.
Incorporates Mudgee Gourmet produce for sale and offers tasting platters from $15 per head.
Elliot Rocke Estate (OS)
Something for everyone here
Grapes are grown, matured & bottled on-site
Pipeclay Pumphouse is the newest hot spot for breakfast, lunch & dinner and offers a fine dining experience at very reasonable prices.
Baker Williams Distillery (OS)
- Nathan & Helen take you on a tour of the distillery and like to spend time showing you the processes involved – including the all important tastings
- Also on offer is fill your own cask and age it yourself at home
- Must taste the best butterscotch schnapps ever.
Pieter van Gent Winery (OS,CC)
Huge range of wines including the ICE range
Offers wine & chocolate pairing for $7.50 per person
Sensational Raspberry Vinegar – great for summer salads.
di Lusso Estate (OS,F)
- Tasting room is a must see as it’s nestled among huge wine barrels for a unique experience
- Famous for its White Port
- Also offers boutique beer, wine & chocolate matching and coffee & cake.
Farmer's Daughter Wine (OS)
- Specialise in Italian wines
- Have on-site kitchen and regularly do events / lunches etc
- Fig & olive products available for sale
- Offers wood-fire pizzas from 12-3pm on weekends.
High Valley Wine & Cheese Co (OS,F)
- Small boutique vineyard with Award winning wines
- Ripe Homewares for sale and free BBQ facilities (if you want to bring you own lunch – they have a great outdoor area to rest & recharge before the next winery).
The Olive Nest & 1838 Wines (OS)
- Taste a huge variety of olive oils, learn how they are made and how to best use them
- Combine this with tasting a small but distinctive selection of wines
- Offers a wide range of oils, salad dressings, mayonnaise, tapenades and giftware.
Café offers a seasonal menu for lunch daily and weekend breakfasts
Taste the huge range of artisan cheese made on site
Lots of local produce for sale
High Valley label wines for tasting.
Other recommended Wineries
Optimiste Wines of Mudgee (BS)
Lowe Wine Company – Organic Vineyard & Farm (OS)
The Small Wine Makers Centre (OS)
Honey Haven – try the Honey Mead alcoholic drink (OS)